
We went out and got baby a nice brand new front load washer. It was a must, because no one should have to go to the Laundromat. Well at least not baby. We got an LG front load washer. The front load washers use about 14 gallons of water compared to 40 with the top loads. Plus it's cool because it weighs your clothing and then decides how much water to fill in. It also has pretty lights and plays a song when your laundry is done.
The washer arrived before I could finish fixing the weird conglomeration of wood that had been nailed to the wall, so I covered up the new washer and finished up ripping out the wood and putting in a new support for the water heater shelf across to some new studs along the outside wall.

The dryer courtesy of uncle Joe and Danielle arrived shortly after and it too had to wait for some construction in the laudry room.

The new shelf support attached to new studs:

Finally I put in a new vent for the dryer and attached it with carriage bolts and caulked all around for a nice seal:

The laundry room will have to wait for a floor and finishing, it's functional, so I move on to the kitchen...
No comments:
Post a Comment